MNCHA Career Center
The Maryland-National Capital Homecare Association offers Career Placement to connect you with your new hire. MNCHA
members can post a career placement for $69 per posting; the non-member
fee is $99 per career placement. Payment must be received, in full,
before we post a career placement to this website.
Simply register and pay for the career placement online. Then, send the career placement to Info@mncha.org in an email or as an email attachment. An attached file must be an original file [IE: Microsoft Word]. The career placement will remain online for 30 days, but can be renewed for an additional 30 days at the same rate.
Posted on May 11, 2020
Job Title: Clinical Administrator
Department: Home Health
Reports To: Assistant Vice President
Manages: Clinical Manager; Client Sers Manager
Qualifications: BSN required; Master’s in nursing or Healthcare Administration preferred. Knowledge of homecare and/or long-term care industries with at least five (5) years of management experience required. Must be intrinsically motivated and possess the ability to communicate effectively using various mediums.
The Clinical Administrator of Home Health Agency is responsible for directing and coordinating the daily clinical and administrative operations of the Home Health Agency. The Board approves the appointment of the Clinical Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Reviews clinical documentation of potential new admissions and performs pre-admission assessments of the clinical status of patient referrals along with an evaluation of the patient’s needs
• Stays current on and applies a firm understanding of Medicare and Medicaid regulations related to various home health programs and services
• Oversees the Agency’s Quality Assurance plan and ensures that Medicare activities such as Oasis transmission and reporting are completed accurately and on time.
• Maintains a working knowledge of additional payer types including but not limited to insurance carriers, managed care organizations and affordable care organizations.
• In collaboration with Human Resources, develops and implements an agency recruitment plan to recruit and hire qualified personnel.
• Interpret and administer policies to ensure that the Agency operates within local and Federal regulation for all projects and programs. Ensure that the recommendations or directives of any regulator or accreditation agency are implemented and that the change is sustained. Respond to requests from surveyors and develop an acceptable plan of correction as indicated.
• Provide leadership for and maintain an environment that is customer focused.
• In conjunction with the Assistant Vice President, implements a marketing and operations plan to develop private pay opportunities
• Maintains an ongoing business relationship with the Executive Team, Professional Advisory Committee (PAC), Senior Management and Agency staff.
• In collaboration with the Assistant Vice President, evaluates and revises existing Agency procedures, marketing needs and work methods; develops and implements improved methods to ensure favorable organization outcomes.
• Liaises with outside agencies to coordinate activities, formulate programs, and formulate viable resolutions to industry challenges
• Delegate responsibility when absent from the organization to the Clinical Manager or Assistant Vice President.
• Perform any other duties and assume responsibilities as requested by the Assistant Vice President.
• Manages HIPAA adherence initiatives.
• Ensures compliance with privacy practices and consistent application of sanctions for failure to comply with policies for all individuals in the organization workforce in cooperation with Corporate Compliance/Privacy Officer, Human Resources, and Home Health Agency Assistant Vice President.
• Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state homecare regulations, privacy and information security laws and standards; monitors advancements in information privacy technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and legal requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
This description incorporates the most typical duties performed. It is recognized that other, related duties not mentioned may also be performed. The position requires the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment.
Knowledge and Skills Required
In the event that the Assistant Vice President is out of the office, the incumbent must posses the capability to make correct assessments of priorities and to take the necessary action to either resolve issues, refer them to appropriate, available senior staff members, and/or communicate them to the Assistant Vice President.
In addition, the person who holds this position must have:
• the ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
• the ability to perform all responsibilities in a highly independent and professional manner consistent with organizational goals.
• the ability to adjust to multiple organizational structures in an independent and professional manner.
• the ability to work as a team member handling issues in a fast-paced environment.
• the ability to conduct all verbal and written communication with courtesy, responsiveness, thoughtfulness, and care.
• the ability to adhere to timelines and plan effectively with attention to detail and accuracy.
• the ability to use Microsoft Word and excel to create, format, revise, and edit documents.
• the ability to evaluate and prioritize issues and assist in their resolution
• efficiency, creativity, and flexibility.
• the ability to project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
• the ability to make all professional decisions with a focus on the total satisfaction of both internal and external constituencies.
• the ability to use appropriate, professional judgment in the best interests of the corporation for all decisions.
• the ability to initiate, establish, and maintain positive working relationships and strong rapport with others in a team environment.
• the ability to respond receptively to constructive coaching.
• the ability to represent the corporation both among staff and vendors using the highest standards of professional integrity
• Forty hours per week and as required for the efficient performance of duties.
• The position is classified as exempt and is not eligible for overtime pay under the fair Labor Standards Act.
To Apply: Please visit this site.