Director of Nursing - VMT Home Health Agency
Posted on April 28, 2021
Department: Home Health
Reports To: Assistant Vice President
Manages: Clinical Manager; Quality Assurance RN, Field RNs
Qualifications: BSN required; Master’s in nursing or Healthcare Administration preferred. Knowledge of homecare and/or long-term care industries with at least five (5) years of management experience required. Must be intrinsically motivated and possess the ability to communicate effectively using various mediums.
The Director of Nursing is responsible for directing and coordinating the daily clinical operations of the Home Health Agency. The Executive Leadership Team approves the appointment of the Director of Nursing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews clinical documentation of potential new admissions and performs pre-admission assessments of the clinical status of patient referrals along with an evaluation of the patient’s needs
- Stays current on and applies a firm understanding of Medicare and Medicaid regulations related to various home health programs and services.
- Oversees the Agency’s Quality Assurance plan and ensures that Medicare activities such as Oasis transmission and reporting are completed accurately and on time.
- Maintains a working knowledge of additional payer types including but not limited to insurance carriers, managed care organizations and affordable care organizations.
- In collaboration with Human Resources, develops and implements an Agency Recruitment Plan to recruit and hire qualified personnel and ensure that personnel are sufficient to meet Agency staffing needs and are appropriately oriented, receive in-service education, are supervised, and evaluated to meet regulatory requirements for personnel and Joint Commission standards for personnel.
- Interpret and administer policies to ensure that the Agency operates within local and Federal regulation for all projects and programs. Ensure that the recommendations or directives of any regulator or accreditation agency are implemented and that the change is sustained. Respond to requests from surveyors and develop an acceptable plan of correction as indicated.
- Provide leadership for and maintain an environment that is customer service focused.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Vice President, implements marketing and operations plan to develop private pay home care.
- Maintains an ongoing liaison between the Executive Leadership Team, the Professional Advisory Committee (PAC), VMT senior management and Agency staff.
- Promotes implementation of Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) and Electronic Visit Verifications (EVVs) and monitor system for integrity and timeliness of data entry.
- Ensure that all documentation provided to finance for billing is accurate and timely.
- Ensure that Medicaid requirements for payment are filed timely to receive timely payments.
- Delegate responsibility when absent from the organization to the Clinical Manager or Designee.
- Perform any other duties and assume responsibilities as requested by the President.
- Provides development guidance and assists in the identification, implementation, and maintenance of organization information privacy and security policies and procedures in coordination with Corporate Compliance/Privacy Officer and the Director of Information Technology.
- Serves in leadership role for the Facility HIPAA Oversight Team’s activities.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable federal and state home care regulations and privacy and information security laws and standards, and monitors advancements in information privacy technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and legal requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Forty hours per week and as required for the efficient performance of duties.
- The position is classified as exempt and is not eligible for overtime pay under the fair Labor Standards Act.
To Apply, click here.