MNCHA's ICD-10 Bootcamp
March 11 - 9:00am-4:30pm
March 12 - 9:00am-12:30pm
This event is sponsored by Axxess
About this Event
This in-depth 2-day home health-specific ICD-10 coding training will empower you with the knowledge you need to ensure success. You will learn ICD-10 coding guidelines and conventions and how this specifically applies to common home health scenarios. ICD-10 coding is challenging and opens up a new world of coding. With approximately 68,000 ICD-10 codes, there is a lot to learn. ICD-10 coding impacts reimbursement, risk adjustment, and impacts quality outcomes. Our expert faculty will teach you and practice with you on how you can document the correct ICD-10 diagnosis for optimal patient outcomes and compliance.You will learn specific documentation requirements for certain diseases and the correct ICD-10 codes.
Attendees will attain needed knowledge regarding the implementation of ICD-10-CM. Topics of presentation include implementation timelines, coding guidelines and rules, guidance and breakdown of new alphabetical chapters, dissection of the ICD-10 code, common home health scenarios, selection of primary and secondary diagnoses, and effects the transition to ICD-10-CM will have in agency productivity and revenues.
There's a lot riding on the accurate assignment of codes and this training ensures you and your agency are prepared for ICD-10 and the way it fundamentally changes the home health industry.
Participants at this event will:
- Learn ICD-10 coding guidelines and conventions and how this specifically applies to common home health scenarios and selection of primary and secondary diagnoses
- Learn and practice how to document the correct ICD-10 diagnosis for optimal patient outcomes and compliance
- Learn specific documentation requirements for certain diseases and the correct ICD-10 codes
- Learn all the ICD-10 regulations, implementation timelines, coding guidelines and rules
- Receive guidance on the new alphabetical chapters and dissection of the ICD-10 code
- Learn anticipated challenges that ICD-10-CM implementation will have on your agency and solutions to these challenges
- Learn how ensure that your agency is ready for ICD-10-CM Implementation
- Compare projected costs of implementation to real data of implementation in other settings
About the Speaker
Jennifer Gibson, RN, HCS-D, COS-C
Jennifer Gibson is a Registered Nurse with over 20 years of home health industry experience. She is a certified OASIS and Coding Specialist. She regularly trains on ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding. She has held several leadership roles in the administration of home health agencies and as a Director of Nursing. Jennifer consults widely for home health agencies nationwide and is a sought after contributor to industry blogs and publications.
- Attendees will need to bring a coding book.
Cancellation Policy Fees will be refunded, or invoices will be adjusted, only if written notice of cancellation is received two weeks prior to the workshop. In the event of cancellation, MNCHA will retain or charge $20 of the initial registration fee per registrant to cover administrative overhead. Once written cancellation is received, a staff member will review for approval. If your cancellation is approved, we will email back a signed and dated copy of the cancellation that your agency should retain on file in case of questions.